With a wide patchwork of water systems servicing residents across California, there have been ongoing efforts by the Legislature to encourage the consolidation of smaller water systems to take advantage of scale economies and improve system reliability and compliance with drinking water standards.
To gain insight into the evolving landscape as these changes are being implemented, please join us on March 23, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. PT for a complimentary webinar, “Taking the Plunge: Lessons Learned from Water System Consolidations.” Also joining our Nossaman ...
If you were unable to attend our recent webinar “Flood or Drought? A Discussion of the Election’s Potential Legislative Impacts on the Water Sector”, please check out the recording of the on-demand webinar, which can be accessed here. Additionally, we invite you to download the presentation slide deck here.
Several key take-aways from the presentation included:
- Consensus among the water industry, and a proactive approach, will help advance legislative goals under tight timeline pressures.
- The State Resources Water Control Board is currently gathering information about ...
The California State Water Resources Control Board (“State Water Board”) recently issued a draft Definition of Microplastics in Drinking Water and an accompanying staff report. The State Water Board will host a video/teleconference workshop on the draft definition on April 7, 2020 and written comments will be accepted until April 24, 2020. Here is the draft definition ...
California Water Views provides timely and insightful updates on the water sector in the state. We relay information on how water legislation and policy from the nation’s capital, Sacramento, and around the U.S. affect California’s water utilities, agencies, practitioners, and consumers. We also write about important events, conferences, legal cases, and other key happenings involving all things water in and around California.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- Clean Up of Groundwater & Contaminated Media
- Climate Change
- Coastal Development
- Dam Construction, Operation & Removal
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Government Administration
- Groundwater Management & SGMA
- Inverse Condemnation & Regulatory Takings
- New Legislation
- Oceans, Marine Life & Maritime Transportation
- Project Construction
- Public Agency Regulation
- Recycled Water
- Regulatory Reform & Proposed Rules
- Right to Take
- Water Infrastructure
- Water Litigation
- Water Quality
- Water Rights
- Water Supply
- Water Utility Regulation